Tuesday, January 13, 2015

When You Must Have Chili

It has been cold, cloudy, foggy and rainy out. Yesterday was the perfect day for Chili. I can't have REAL Chili as the spices don't agree with me. But I seriously wanted it. So I looked online for Chili recipes that were unique and different. Hoping once again to find something I could make my own. I came across this recipe from the Skinnytaste website and my mouth literally watered!

Oh, if I could eat that....wow! Any-hoo...I went home and created my own spin on her recipe and I would like to share it with you. I did use a small amount of chili & taco seasoning to give this a little flavor. This soup/stew is gluten-free, IBS sensitve and low in fat.

Rachel's Wish It Were Cheesy Chili-Taco, Chili-Taco Soup/Stew

Ingredients:

2 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp. Cumin
1 lemon - juiced
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. Chili Seasoning
1/2 tsp. Taco Seasoning
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 10 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
1 4 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 cup refried beans
2 cups reduced fat organic chicken broth
1 package Gluten Free - Corn Free pasta shells (Quinoa shells are fabulous!)
2 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cilantro to garnish


In a large pot drizzle the olive oil in your pan. Once heated, add your salt and pepper, cumin, chili and taco seasons. Add your ground turkey and mix together with the olive oil and seasonings. Make sure you use lean meat so you don't have to drain your turkey and lose any of the flavor from the seasonings incorporating together with the meat. When your turkey is brown add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and refried beans and stir. Once it is all incorporated, add the chicken stock, lemon juice and pasta shells. Cook pasta shells 16-18 minutes or according to package directions.

Garnish with cilantro and serve with Rice Tortilla Chips. If you can stomach cheese, add as much as you desire. I have to be careful, so I added 1/2 teaspoon of sharp cheddar to mine.


Love, 
Rachel



2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good and I can not wait to try it! You are so creative, talented, and creative. I really enjoy seeing everything that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops that second creative was supposed to to inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete