Saturday, January 3, 2015

Saturday

Wake up in a warm bed, legs outstretched and arms above head. Hair messy from a night of deep relaxation and peace. Throw legs off the side of bed and gently allow toes to touch the cool wood floor.

Stand

Walk to the bathroom and brush teeth, maybe I should comb my hair. Maybe I will just throw it in a messy bun.

Saturday

Maybe today I will tackle the chores. Maybe today I will visit a friend. Maybe today I will write those Thank You notes.

Relax

Walk to the couch. Grab my blanket and pillow. Lay down and grab the remote. Flip the channels. Curl up with breakfast and my husband.

Love

Enjoy the moment. The mess can wait. The calls don't have to be answered and the texts can be ignored. Smell his hair. Hold his hand.

Cherish

Simply be today. Don't worry about expectations, others or the ones you place on yourself.


Love,
Rachel



1 comment:

  1. This is exactly what I needed to read! I've been trying to do this very thing lately.

    ReplyDelete