Friday, January 9, 2015

Figured It Out

I figured it out! (see here)

I think this weekend will be a weekend spent in the kitchen.

The week of Christmas, my husband and I went to Asheville, NC for our honeymoon. We stayed in a cozy little cabin just outside of Weaverville, NC. While there, we ate at the wonderful Green Sage Cafe in Asheville for lunch. It was so good that we had to go there again later that week.

I had a wonderfully made gluten free turkey and ham wrap both times. The sauce on the wrap was to die for!! I inquired as to what the sauce was...Vegenaise. Being from the South and only a little over three months into this lifestyle change of no gluten, non-GMO, all organic, etc...etc..., I had never heard of Vegenaise. My Bad!!!

I love anything a little tangy and citrus-y and this Vegenaise was both!! Oh my!

Since we have been back home I have really missed the food options North Carolina had to offer. I miss being able to go into a restaurant or a grocery store and have endless options to choose from. Living in a small town with only a small handful of stores to buy groceries and maybe one or two places I can actually eat out at, I am back to the daily grind of hand preparing everything.

Since I am still new to this lifestyle, I have yet to discover all the options I really have as far as what I can eat. I kind of have picked my few staple items and stuck with them. I am getting bored. Today I was really craving that wrap and when I thought of it, the first thing my mouth did was water at the thought of that wonderful sauce.

So...this weekend will be spent in the kitchen exploring more food options for myself (sorry honey) and first on the list is making my own Vegenaise. I will make sure to come back and let you guys know how it goes.

Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment