Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Annual Family Vacation

This week I am on vacation with my family. Most days have brought rain instead of sunshine. We haven't been able to enjoy much time in the water but we have enjoyed our time together. There has been plenty of food, fun, sleep and rest.

Day 1 We took a trip to the beach closest to our rental home. It was rather hysterical. It looked more like a man made lake than the ocean. There was barely any sand, it was full of seaweed and we found a clothes hanger in the ocean while digging for shells.

Day 2 It rained a good bit and we weren't able to spend much time outside. We did take a trip to the pool and pretty much had it all to ourselves which was very relaxing. My nephew found it humorous that he captured a video and all you could hear were crickets in the background, that is how quiet it was.

Day 3 We drove into Mexico Beach, Florida. It was the perfect day to be on the beach. The wind was amazing, the sun was shining, and the waves were large. My niece took the time to build a sandcastle. We fed the birds. A few of us got brave and with a little patience had them eating out of our hands. I even attempted to try and coax them to take a veggie chip from my lips. It worked and we all squealed with delight.

Each day we've had the luxury of napping and eating amazing meals. Last night we went to dinner and afterwards walked around trying to locate a few perfect spots for our annual family photos. Even though it is day 4 of vacation and we once again are stuck inside due to weather, I couldn't be happier. I have really learned a few things this week about myself and others.

Side note: I prayed prior to and during this trip to feel God more and to see His work in my life. I've prayed to have the opportunity to be still and quiet as I reflect on His goodness and mercy. He has answered my prayer and many others. I am learning to let go of the drama that surrounds me and have shared talks with my mother concerning others attitudes compared to my own. With her advice and the nudging I have felt from God, I have realized that I am only to be Rachel. Rachel is enough for God, she is enough for her family, and enough for her true friends. For all of these, her heart is known and her intentions are clear.

Back to the topic at hand, I would like to share a few photos with you from our week so far. We have been blessed.







No comments:

Post a Comment