Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I Believe in Love

353 days, 5 hours, 9 minutes and 11 seconds until I tie the knot. Yes, I am excited. No, I did not figure this up on my own. I have a cute app “Tie the Knot” on my iPhone that reminds me daily when I will be getting hitched. My tasks for this week are to research florists and hire a wedding planner. I have some work to do. 

I am so excited to be getting married! Dress shopping, flowers, wedding vows, celebrations and more. But to me, that is all minor compared to actually becoming Mrs. Price. See, I have been married once before. I was married for 10 years to a great man. Things just didn't work out for us. Years upon years were spent trying. Unfortunately, we couldn't move past some very serious issues. The dream of never divorcing and having a “happily ever after” story was crushed for me. It did not leave me bitter, though.

I am excited to get married. Not because of the actual wedding. Although, don’t get me wrong…it is FUN planning. I am excited because I know that this man is the one for me. He is the one that I know will be a partner for life. I know that he will love me as I love him. Honestly, there are times that I think he loves me a little more (very little more). I am okay with that, because it feels amazing to receive a giving, selfless love. I am excited because like me, he wants children. Like me, he currently has none. Like me, he can’t wait to start a family.

I believe in marriage. I believe in a partnership. I believe in loving another above everyone else. I believe in building a future together with someone for a lifetime. I believe in love.


353 days, 4 hours, 56 minutes and 58 seconds until we tie the knot. Yes, I am excited!! 

Note: "I am excited"  is used multiple times in this article. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment