Monday, February 16, 2015

O.M.C.

Oh... My... Coconut!!!

This is the most creamy, delicious, flavorful, yummy, comforting dish I have made since Day 1 of my new clean eating lifestyle. Completely bored of the same old thing and then experimenting with new dishes that while YES, awesome!!!...left my stomach heavy and upset the next day...I am giving this dish mad props. 
I was extremely nervous about making this. These ingredients were not cheap and I have never in my life purchased coconut milk or coconut oil. I prayed for this to work and turn out delicious. It did!!

Savory Chicken and Noodles

I took the recipe here and once again made my own version

3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded ( I boiled mine)
5 yellow squash, peeled, cubed and boil until tender
1/2 c coconut milk
2 tbs, coconut oil, melted
1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp. lemonaise 
2 servings of gluten free rice/quinoa spaghetti noodles cooked


Directions:
1. In a bowl stir together coconut milk and all seasonings with a spoon.



2. Once your squash is tender and cooked through, drain and using a potato masher, mash until smooth and creamy and set aside along with cooked, shredded chicken.

3. In a medium saucepan over med-high heat, melt the coconut oil.

4. Once the coconut oil has melted pour in the coconut milk with seasonings. Add the chicken, apple cider vinegar and squash then stir. Once it begins to boil, turn to a simmer.



5. While the mixture is simmering, cook noodles according to the package directions, drain and transfer to pot. Stir together, plate and enjoy!!!



Recipe makes 4 servings.

Please make this!! You won't regret it...

Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment